Saturday, February 09, 2008

Lazy Blogger

I'm sorry. My blogging has been rather pathetic lately....do I have any readers left? I could list off a mile of excuses but do you really want to hear them? I thought not!
So here's a little catch up post. On Sunday, I opened my birthday gifts from Keith and the boys. They got me a nice electric wok! Sadly it will have to be returned as the base is very wobbly and unstable. I do look forward to getting one though as I want to make more stir frys.

I also got a box of my new obsession. I had always been a milk chocolate girl but as I 'mature' I am finding the dark chocolate to be quite divine! If you haven't tried Lindt in the black wrappers please do so immediately.
The other night I was having a real craving for a greek style pizza. This was so incredibly good. I do love feta and am making up for lost time when I thought I didn't like it! It was maybe only 3 years ago I decided it wasn't disgusting!
And lastly I have some tragic news. My Whirly pop crank mechanism broke last night. NOT HAPPY! I knew when I got the pot that a plastic mechanism didn't stand a chance to last long but only a year? Sigh.....Keith said he will try and fix it but I might have to go on the hunt for a new pot with higher quality parts. At least it snapped AFTER the popcorn was popped. It was a yummy bowl of kettle corn...could be the last bowl for a long time!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Terry said...

All these food related posts are making me hungry. But how is one to indulge when confronted with these defective food preparation devices? You will have to concentrate on the chocolates.

Keri's Collage... said...

I am now craving stir fry, dark chocolate and some popcorn :)
I'm sorry to hear of your popcorn popper. I hear Kori has a few extra's!

Keri's Collage... said...

I'm craving pizza too!

Anonymous said...

Pizza cravings must be going around because I haven't been able to stop thinking of pizza the last few days.

I can't believe your popcorn popper broke! You'd think they'd make them a little more durable than that.

Kerry said...

I really enjoy reading your blog...and seeing all the pictures of the delicious food. As for the chocolates, I'll have to wait till I'm in Canada to try them...but I'm a milk chocolate girl and not so sure about the dark chocolate and honestly feta cheese is right up there with sushi...all on my list of foods I'm scared to try. But, after seeing the pizza...I may have to think about it. Hope you had a great birthday and hope you have many more wonderful birthdays for years and years to come. :)

Karis said...

mmmmmm...pizza....looks so yummeee....maybe i'll have to take the boys out for pizza tonite!!!

villagegirl said...

Such lovely gifts! Too bad about the wok - I'm sure you'll find one that is more suitable.
I haven't tried those black wrappered ones. But you don't have to tell me twice to eat chocolate - especially Lindt! I'm drooling.
That pizza looks so tasty! There is just far too much yumminess in one post. I can't take it.
I'm sorry about your popper - I know how much you love it. Hope you find a new one soon.

Kori's House said...

Your pizza looks amazing!!
Funny how our tastes mature with us :)
I didn't think I could like dark chocolate, but I was so wrong :)
I even looked for some today with Keri. Didn't find any where we were :(

Fiona said...

I only tried Feta Cheese recently as well ... and ... I LOVE IT! Mmmmm, good. :)

Lovella ♥ said...

I have a new crock pot with no lid. I bust it on the driveway when bringing food to a friend. It's a good thing your wok can still be returned. I wondered what Costco would say if I very straight faced tried to return the crockpot telling them I had broke the lid. They'd probably take it back ..
Anyways,. .
oh the pizza looks just scrumptious . .I never liked feta before either until about 5 years ago. Now I love it too.
Sadness of the popcorn maker.. now I want to go to Target and order myself up a bag.

Oh and the chocolate. I just made the horrendous error of purchasing the white hershey kisses for my valentines social .. thinking they were almonds inside. Yuck. . I'm a dark chocolate girl too. I'll be looking for the dark lindt ones.