Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Raspberry Picking

This year I actually did what I wanted to do...U-Pick!  We are trying to be a bit more frugal this year and so instead of paying someone else to pick my berries I figured there wasn't any reason why I couldn't do it myself...and with a little help by the boys.  We chose to pick at Willowview Farm at the south end of McCallum Road.  We really like that place for pumpkins too.  The rows were beautifully maintained and there were very few people.  The bushes were loaded and we picked three pails in around 25 minutes or so.  It was very nostalgic as I picked berries for many summers as a child.  I absolutely hated it and made my mother miserable with all my moaning about it.  My kids enjoyed it but it was just a wee sampling of berry picking!





4 comments:

villagegirl said...

Ah yes, child hood berry picking. I recall getting sunstroke one year because the tyrant lady running the farm wouldn't let me sit in the shade. I will drag my children to pick blackberries with me but I'm not sure I could pick raspberries ever again. Besides...I just don't like them. :)
You are a good momma and your kids will have good memories from this.

Kerry said...

I LOVE raspberries!!! Yum! My favorite. Too bad they don't grow here. :(

Sinead said...

Wow, that brings back so many memories! Those berries look amazing...we still pay about €2.50 for the smallest punnet of raspberries,(you could count them with two hands!!!) so they are a rare luxury for us.

Sonya said...

I have so many wretched memories of picking raspberries as a kid. I suppose it taught me something though. Not sure what. ;)

Looks like you and the boys had fun. Did you freeze most of those berries?