Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Catching Up

In the past few weeks we've had lots of activities! 
Liam had his first 'friends' birthday party.  I abhor doing kids parties but this meant so much to him.  I figured we could do it this once.  Keith planned the entire party and activities...I give ALL credit to him.  He's a birthday party rock star.
It was a Star Wars theme as you can see!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then we had the obligatory family party.  This is more my speed.  No activities to plan!
 
 
 
Liam was spoiled with lots of Lego and Star Wars paraphernalia!  It's his current fascination.
 
 
 
And this past weekend we took our annual pilgrimage to the Abbey.  This hike was awesome especially because Liam did the entire thing at our pace and didn't complain.  It helped that Auntie Kori engaged him in conversation the entire way up.  Distraction works wonders.

 
The monks have a beautiful garden.

 
 
Shaggy little mushroom!
It was SO warm and beautiful.
 
 
 The peaceful sanctuary.  I love it here.
 
 
Sadly, I have come down with strep throat but should be feeling good again in a few days.  I am so thankful for antibiotics! 

1 comment:

villagegirl said...

Oh man. I know!! Birthday parties can be traumatic. Especially when they are at your house. Glad you had sun and a hubby to organize the activities. I bet he was a very happy little boy.