Wednesday, August 01, 2012

A Favorite Author

I was saddened to hear that one of my favorite authors of all time passed away yesterday.
Maeve Binchy wrote wonderful tales (positively full of lovely Irish expressions) and if you have never read her books I would urge you to pick one up soon and remedy that.
I liked her early novels best.  Who can forget Chris O'Donnell (sigh) in 'Circle of Friends' with Minnie Driver.  I loved that movie!  The book is ever better.
Farewell Maeve...your books are worth reading over and over again.



3 comments:

Trace said...

Ohhh...that's so sad!! I've only read a couple of her books (Tara Road and The Glass Lake) but I enjoyed them. I've always wanted to read Circle Of Friends, I'll have to get it.

Anonymous said...

I really loved the movie "Circle Of Friends".

villagegirl said...

I have read every one of her books and thoroughly enjoyed them! Very sad that there won't be more. I may have to go and re-read a few.