Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Job Perk

One of the secretaries at MEI schools also works part time in the facilities department.  Part of her big job this past year has been trying to purge out the archives deep in the bowels of the high school.  She mentioned in passing the other day that they were shredding oodles of old, old school files and I asked if perhaps they might still have files from the early 1990's.  She said she'd check and I didn't think of it again.  After lunch I came back to my desk to find my school file which was started in 1978!  Sadly, it didn't have anything particularly juicy or intersting in it.  I think we keep more thorough files these days.  I would have thought for sure there would be record of the speech therapy I received for my lisp.  Nope.  It was mainly report cards (which I already have all neatly filed away in my basement) and Gates scores.  It was still fun to look through it.

 The form below is from my original pre-kindergarten interview.  This is my mom's hand-writing which looks exactly the same today.



This is my kindergarten report.  Funny how it's still a pretty accurate assessment of my grown up self!
Except I really don't draw nice pictures.

My Gates score.  Esentially this means I was reading at a grade 9.8 level in grade 7.  Nathan was reading at a post secondary level in grade 7 so every generation improves!  Funny, I always was frustrated at taking these tests in school. No one would tell you why you were taking them and they never told you your score.  I actually thought they were I.Q. tests at the time.
 And I'll leave you with my fantastic art work.  I don't think I could even replicate that sort of quality now!

4 comments:

sultana said...

Brings back the sweetest memories !

AF said...

That's pretty neat! Did you snag mine too? :-)

Trace said...

That is so cool!!

Anonymous said...

How neat to be able to look back like that!