Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Harsh Reality

Yeah so, I hadn't weighed myself in a really long time.  Denial and not wanting to face reality were two big reasons.  I bought myself this new fancy schmancy digital scale with birthday money.  It arrived yesterday and well, there was an ugly truth to face.  I can't even utter or type the numbers but I have gained back a big chunk of the weight I lost last year before our cruise.  I could feel it on my flanks and even though my clothes all still fit they aren't fitting as well as they used to.  All that hard work and I lost control of my eating.  Ack!  I feel upset with myself but the only thing to do now is to commit to losing it again.  Weekly weigh ins will keep me accountable.  Thankfully I never gave up the exercise do that won't be something I have to restart!  So now you know my shameful tale and hopefully I can post some positive results here in the next couple of months!

6 comments:

villagegirl said...

Oh Rachel. It is not a shameful tale. It is called life. And winter hibernation. :)
I still think you look fantastic! I am possibly on the slowest weight loss program on the face of the earth. So I feel your pain. At least you've done it and know what it takes. I bet it won't even be so hard this time.

Keri's Collage... said...

Village girl is right... you look fantastic! I would never guess that you have gained an ounce!
I am looking forward to walking the mountain and Stanley Park with you! We will be back in tip top shape in no time!
Please pass a peanut butter cookie ;)

Terry said...

That plate of peanut butter cookies should have come straight to my house. I do not have a scale. ( I should rather say that I do not use it.)

Kerry said...

Well, you look great in all the pics. :) But, I am right there with you...it's been a rough couple of months...too busy to work out on some days and then not being that great with my eating. :( I'm getting back to it as well.

Stephanie said...

Rachel, I think you look fantastic! Don't be too hard on yourself.

Sonya said...

I never would have guessed that you've gained any weight back. You looked fabulous the last time I saw you! With spring right around the corner it should be a lot easier to get back on track since winter is all about the comfort foods.

(I own a scale but for the sake of my sanity I never, ever step on it.)