Monday, March 31, 2014

No Room at the Inn

It's rather hard for me to believe but we have another international guest staying at our house.   Every bedroom has a resident now!
Daisy arrived from Thailand last Thursday and will be with us until April 27th.  She is the teacher for a group of 16 students who are at MEI for a cultural visit. 
So far so good!
She is a delightful lady who is interested in getting to know us, further her English (which is already quite good) and be a part of our lives. 
Last night she cooked up a Thai dinner for us.  Sadly, I was all stuffed up with a cold so my taste buds weren't very sharp but it was very well received by all.
She loves Liam and he's enjoying all the attention!
I know we'll miss her when she goes but until then we will enjoy showing her around our beautiful area and learning about her Thai culture.

 Note that Daisy is cooking in her coat.  She is finding it quite cold here as it is 35 degrees in her city right now!
Soup, Thai omelette and pork & veggie stir fry on rice.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

What an amazing opportunity. And, homemade Thai food...I'm a little jealous! :) I remember having a Japanese student live with our family when I was in grade 11...and I LOVED it!!