Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Fun Never Ends

Last night we went to see Avatar. I had heard nothing but good things about it and my interest was piqued! I was amazed that after being in the theatres for so long already it was still a full house. I guess I wasn't the last one to see it as I thought! The visuals were amazing and it was very well done in that regard. The storyline was good although familiar. I felt like there was nothing new about it and I could pretty much predict what would happen next. I will age myself and say it sort of reminded me of 'Dances with Wolves' but set in the future instead of the past. That being said it was a good movie and I am glad to have seen it.
Keith brought home a bouquet for my birthday. It's very pretty with lilies and roses and daisies. I love mixed bouquets best!

Last night there was just no time to go to dinner....or even do take out for that matter. We were rushing off to the movies right after Keith got home from work. I had just put a Costco pizza in the oven for the kids. Keith promised me Chinese food tonight in lieu. Okay....not cooking two nights in a row is fine by me!
The food was from Bamboo Palace. It's always been my favorite place to get Chinese.
Chad was happy to share my birthday meal. Nate opted for an earlier dinner of chicken strips. He's not one for Chinese food at all!

I made myself a nice chocolate birthday cake yesterday. I was stuffed silly from supper but just had to have another piece of that yummy cake. Back to better eating tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think 2 nights in a row of no cooking is one of the best birthday gifts a gal can get! Glad you had a nice birthday. :)

Keri's Collage... said...

It all looks delish! And won't tomorrow night make THREE nights of no cooking :)
Now THAT is a fantastic gift in itself!

Lovella ♥ said...

I marvel at how you are just a deligthful person. You clearly are a wonderful friend since I see those twins near your side often. .(in the blog). .and you are clearly a wonderful mom since your children are sweet and polite. . (I can tell this too from the blog). .and you are a good wife . .I can tell this from the card and beautiful flowers and the two meals and a movie to boot ..
Well done. .I hope you have a wonderful year dear Rachel.

cayman77 said...

shes the best :)

villagegirl said...

Any amount of not cooking is a lovely treat and 2 nights in a row is utterly delightful! It looks very yummy! Ethan would have taken Nathan's option. :)
The flowers are beautiful! Very thoughtful Keith.
I've heard nothing but good about avatar myself, yet I don't really have a desire to see it. Maybe I will one day when I get through my list of other movies to watch. Glad you enjoyed it!

Shawna said...

Wonderful birthday celebrations, not much can beat a night of Chinese food and no cooking ;)

Happy Happy Day!

Jenn said...

Happy belated birthday Rachel!