Monday, February 01, 2010

More Early Celebrations

My mom and dad had us to dinner as they do every Monday night. For the record this is never taken for granted! Anyhow....this was to be an early birthday celebration for myself as they are packing their bags and leaving on a jet plane tomorrow morning. The old bones need a week of sun apparently!
My request for my birthday dinner was potato salad (no one makes it like Mom!) and chicken. I just felt like having it for some reason. Dessert was pineapple upside down cake. No candles as we didn't want to have a fire incident with ALL that flame but they did all sing a lovely Happy Birthday in my honour. I also received cards stuffed full (well not stuffed) of birthday money. Yeah, new clothes!
Liam was having none of this partying business. We decided he was in pain from his emerging molar and rubbed on a bit of Orajel. In no time he was ALL about the party as you can see....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...potato salad. And chicken. And pineapple upside down cake. Oooo...it's just all so scrumptious looking.

Kimberley said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!! Hope its a special one! You're definitely coming to our next girls night! :o)

Kerry said...

What a treat...your Mom is so great! I love it when my Mom spoils me. :) The potato salad looks delicious...I think I may have to make some. :) Hope your birthday is extra special!

Keri's Collage... said...

Yumm-o (as another famous Rachel says)!! Looks fantastic!
And I can't wait to go shopping with you to spend all of your birthday moolah!

Anneliese said...

Dinner looks good! When is the big day?

Fiona said...

Ok, it's just about noon, so that picture of your plate of food made my stomach growl! Looks very yummy. And I LOVE that picture of you and Liam. Adorable.

Stephanie said...

LOVE the pic of you and Liam, Rachel :) You both have awesome smiles in it!