Wednesday, June 08, 2011

So Close


How do you like my new color? The back of the house (kitchen, family room, den and bathroom) are being painted in Interlude. It's starting to look quite nice and it goes without saying that I am looking forward to moving past this 'renovation' stage of our lives.



The rest of the house will be painted in Weimeraner which is the same color we had in our old place. It did not go with the kitchen cabinets or it would have been the only color in the house. I like having a nice classic wall color and then being able to decorate around that.


The backyard lawn is growing in nicely. All that rain really helped the grass seed get started. That's the only nice thing I will say about our wet spring. My mom and I planted all my planters last weekend and I am enjoying looking at their loveliness each time I am outside (which is anytime it is sunny!).

8 comments:

Trace said...

I love the colour!!

Val said...

House is looking great!!

villagegirl said...

It's really coming together! The colours are very nice.

Heather said...

Love the colors and tell the painter I think its great he works for food only!!

Terry said...

Heather, teachers and painters are the only people I know who will work 'for food only'.
Oh, and about that little incident with the new carpets. I am confident Rachel will be able to live with it because the stain is only visible during the day and at night when the lights are on. (It was only 1/2 a gallon)

Kori's House said...

I Like!
Looking forward to seeing pictures of the front room.

Kimberley said...

looks beautiful!! Glad there is an end in sight to your reno! :)

Anonymous said...

Your place is really looking good!