Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wrapping It Up

Life is going really fast right now! I've not felt very 'bloggy' lately in case you were wondering. Perhaps you were not!
I am busy at school getting ready to wrap things up for summer (prepping the summer mail out, putting programs in place, doing up letters, getting awards day set up, ordering supplies etc) and also getting things ready for our return in late August. I'm very excited to have six weeks off. I love my job, don't get me wrong but I am mostly looking forward to not having to be out the door at 7:35 am every morning! I know that Liam will appreciate more than 5 minutes between being pulled out of bed and getting tossed into the car seat!
The boys too, are looking forward to the break. Chad is signed up for a week of day camp at our church which will be really fun. They have some great activities planned including a day out at Burnaby Village. Nathan is going to be saying 'farewell' to ATMS as he will head to school with old mom this fall at MEI Middle. He's just beyond excited and isn't even giving ATMS a backwards glance. I'm really glad our circumstances are allowing for him to make this transition. I hope it will live up to his expectations!!! They are both done school on Wednesday.
I am going to sign up both boys for a week of tennis lessons this summer as well. Both are keen to play and show some good skill in their game. I'm sure a week of lessons will give them a good start to becoming good players. Tennis has always been something I've enjoyed and I hope that we can play regularly as a family.
Keith has been over burdened at work with office politics which is really crappy. He comes home in a funk most days which is just super. Darn you, management! There. I feel better. Not really.
We are taking a mini-vacation to Vancouver Island in mid-July to visit Keith's sister and her fiance in Comox. I'm really looking forward to exploring a new place as I've never really been beyond Victoria.
Keith has borrowed a compressor nail gun from a co-worker and has been busily measuring, cutting and nailing on the new baseboards here. It's looking so great and is the 'last' thing to do before we can say these renos are finished! Well, they just need a lick of paint but I have painters to do that part for us!
So, there you have it. We're going full force for a few more days and then....ahhhhhh! Time to slow down and recharge the batteries!

4 comments:

sultana said...

I'm looking forward to some lazy daze myself. Even if it is only Mondays and Tuesdays.

Trace said...

Enjoy those 6 weeks off! :)

Anonymous said...

Now if only we could get some nice weather for those 6 weeks, eh?

Jenn said...

Let us know when you're coming to Comox. We're often on Vancouver Island and maybe there's a chance we could all meet up! We're coming to the mainland on August 19th, so we'll for sure have to hook up then :)