Sunday, December 02, 2012

Christmas Challenge

I got this idea from another friend and blogger, Sonya.  I am a litle late starting so I'll have to post Day 1 & 2 together. 
 
 Day 1 is my view in the living room on Saturday as I took a few moments to sit and read.

 
Day 2 would be the Sound of Music.  I do realize that this movie hardly qualifies as a holiday film but when I was a young thing it was shown on TV every Christmas and so therefore it's a Christmas memory for me.  I remember laying on my Grandma's red shag carpet and watching it on her console TV while the adults all visited and laughed in the background.  Extremely fond memories!  I love every song in this movie and will torture my children often by breaking into a Sound of Music tune when they least expect it.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it amusing that The Sound Of Music is always played around Christmas time but doesn't have anything to do with Christmas at all. But it is a classic and I love singing along when we watch it.

Heather said...

Love that movie and indeed see it at Christmas every year. In fact, I have memories of spending a childhood Christmas alone with jello and popsicles watching it while the rest of my family ate turkey as I battled a high fever and tonsillitis. In fact it was the same year my grandma dropped and smashed a giant jar of pickles on our kitchen floor with oodles of relatives there for dinner. My poor mother - a most memorable Christmas to be sure. Pickle juice stickiness is long lasting apparently! Thanks for sending me back there!!

villagegirl said...

I also love the sound of music! I should try the song torment on my children. That sounds like fun!! ;)