Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cruising Day Two

Our first full day at sea.  We had an incredible sleep.  I generally have trouble falling asleep in new places but I slept like a log.  The bed was so comfy and the gentle rolling of the ship just rocked us to sleep.  I was surprised that we could still feel movement of the ship.  I assumed that with ships of that size you wouldn't feel anything at all.  We were both very pleased to find out that their of us had even the remotest moment of sea-sickness. 
 
 There were many, many activities to chose from but we came on this vacation to relax so we parked ourselves on the deck chairs and did just that. 
 I would read a bit, snooze a bit, stare at the ocean a bit and then repeat.  Not a bad way to spend a day!
 Keith was in his happy place. 
 Aside from simply reading and watching us sail in the opens seas, people watching was a great sport.  The demographics of our cruise I'd say was 90% over the age of 55.  We felt very young and that was fine with us.  I counted less than 15 kids on board and maybe two infants.   So, back to people watching.  Very entertaining as there were folks from around the globe.  French, British, Germans, and lots of obnoxious Americans!  Kidding!  Mostly Americans for sure.  I loved that all the senior ladies wore two piece bathing suits whether or not they had the body for it.  Gave me great confidence in wearing my own two piece.
 This was the last day we attempted to eat in a healthful manner.  We found the 'Aqua Spa' that served a healthy alternate lunch.  So we had a quite good salad from there but never ate there again!  It wasn't big so at 4:30 pm we had 'tea'.  A few petite sandwiches to hold us over to that late dinner.  This became a ritual...bad bad!

 
 It was formal night in the dining room so we got all dolled up.  As a rule, I'm not a fan of wearing dresses but it wasn't so bad and I lived to tell.
 My appy tonight was the French Onion Soup.  It was as good as it looks.  Super cheesy!
 Keith appy was some sort of cold, raw salmon.  He always chose the strangest thing on the menu...just because he could.  Great thing is, if you don't like it you can have something else. 
 My main course was cedar plank salmon.  It was OUT OF THIS WORLD amazing!
 My dessert was a layer of phyllo pastry with apples in brown sugar glace topped with ice cream and a drizzle of caramel.  Yep.  I could have eaten two...but I didn't.  I didn't take a picture of every course or every meal on this trip.  The lighting was very dark in the dining room and I didn't want to use the flash. 
 More posing.  We always took a little walk after dinner to help the digestion. 
 
Keith decided to mix himself up a mocha in the buffet area.
 
 
This was the only picture I took of the buffet.  We loved the buffet and almost always ate breakfast and lunch here.  The choices were endless and the food was excellent.  Pizza, pastas to order, fresh sandwiches, ethnic foods including Indian, Mexican, British, stir fries, salad bar, sushi...really.  It was hard to even chose what to eat. 
 
 The deck at night with the moon in the background.  It was always nice and warm for taking a stroll around the deck.
 
 We never actually went in these swimming pools!
 Just testing out the pool showers.
 
 The thing about vacationing just as a couple is that you are forever asking people to take your picture.  We didn't ask too much as the crew on board was forever asking us if we wanted them to take our photo.  It was very kind and we appreciated it.
 
 
 

 
 
Loved the turn down service every night too.  Our bathroom was tidied up, fresh towels and facecloths, the curtains drawn and the bed ready to hop into.  And best of all a chocolate on the pillow.  So far we were having a very good time and decided that cruising is awesome!

4 comments:

villagegirl said...

Love your dress and red toes!
Again...looks like a fantastic day! I have a feeling I'll be saying that alot and I have a feeling that by the end of your recount I'll have a hankering for cruising!

Kori's House said...

You look fabulous in your dresses!! All your hard work was worth it!
Did either of you experience motion sickness?

Anonymous said...

You two clean up well. What a gorgeous couple!

Isn't it amazing how much food is available on a cruise?

Kristin said...

You should always wear dresses! You look fantastic!