Monday, June 10, 2013

My Fourth Secretaries Day Adventure

Once again our admin completely bamboozled us with a very unexpected abduction.  We were whisked away from the office last Thursday morning for an all day adventure!
Our husbands were forewarned to have a change of clothes for us in our car trunks that day. 
 
 
After driving about 30 minutes with lots of guesses as to what was going to happen we ended up at Deer Lake in Burnaby.
 
 
We started with a lovely stroll along the board walk.  It was the first time here for most of us.
 
The weather was perfect!
 
 
We stopped at this early 1900's house that has been converted to a restaurant for a delicious lunch.
 
 
 
 
This turkey club on sour dough with brie and arugula aioli was a popular choice and was worth every single calorie-laden bite.  Yum!
 
 
After that scrumptious lunch we headed to the boat rental place and chose our mode of transport. 
 
Heather and I shared a kayak, Jessica decided to do a solo kayak run, while Jeff and Marci got a canoe.
 
 This was a troublesome duo.  What started as a peaceful paddle, turned into an all out water war! 

 
Poor Jessica got soaked to the skin.
 
 
Heather and I were pretty wet too but we had revenge on our minds.  We ambushed Jeff and Marci with a huge bucket of water as they exited the lake (thanks to some help by the rental staff who were greatly entertained by our antics)!
 
 
 And then they tried to toss me in the lake.  No one came to my rescue, my screams for help went unheeded!

 They did show mercy and I managed to not get tossed in that nasty water.  It was a wonderful afternoon and we had so much fun.  Have I mentioned how much I love my job?! 











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! What great perks you have at your job!

Keri's Collage... said...

Looks like fun! 4 years already? WOW!

Trace said...

That looks like such a fun day! :)