Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Catch Up!

The boys all ready to go to their school banquet.  Looking mighty fine, wouldn't you say?

 Christmas Eve at the parents.  One goofy shot is a must!
 And then us all normal-ish.
 The boys 'big' present this year from Nana and Grandad were snowshoes.  Keith and I also got a pair for ourselves and look forward to adding a new winter activity to our weekends!
 Christmas morning at home.  The boys all slept in and we enjoyed a leisurely time of gift opening while the breakfast casserole baked in the oven.  



 Keith and I just exchanged a few stocking stuffers.  We spent a lot of money this fall on the roof, car, and front door so nothing more was necessary!
 Liam asked Santa for Lego and Lego he did get.  
 The older two got Kobo Glos.  Perfect gifts for my bookworms.
 Keith's family was set to come over for a turkey dinner that evening and I was making the meal on my own.  It turned out great and was much easier than I thought it would be.  It pays to be very prepared and organized.  I had a booklet with notes that I followed!
 There was plenty of food and lots of dessert too.  We had a great time.  Nate and Chad organized some games after supper that we adults enjoyed as the three little guys ran around the house like crazy people.  


We enjoyed opening some gifts and visiting after dessert.  It had been a long day and it was pretty hard to get myself up off the couch afterwards.  
So, Christmas has come and gone once again.  Just so thankful, that we are all healthy, happy and together.  I know that these are the greatest Christmas gifts in themselves!

3 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful post!

villagegirl said...

It all looks so lovely! Congratulations on a job well done. I love the notes to follow. It sounds like something I'd do twinsie!
Looks like you have a very nice Christmas - I'm glad it all turned out so well.

Sonya said...

Sounds and looks like a beautiful Christmas.

Way to go on making the Christmas dinner! And the great thing is that it gets easier every time.