Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Bittersweet

One of the fabulous posters that was made in my honor! Thanks ladies...some pictures are horribly embarrassing though!


Oh I had talked about changing jobs for years. Talk is cheap....easy....but reality is another thing altogether. In actual fact it is quite sad to change jobs. Maybe not all jobs but my job was a 16 year career. I had made some excellent friends, had some big learning experiences and pushed out of my comfort zone to grow up. I started off as a teller in 1993 ...a single girl with a boyfriend. I ended as a TSR2 with a husband and three children! So much happened and all those wonderful ladies saw me through my life changes. We chatted about families, life, recipes, dieting, religion, money and anything else we wanted. That's hard to leave.
As my manager said tonight at my farewell dinner, I stepped out of the box. It's been scary but in my heart I know that I have made the right decision for me and for my family.
I had a great time tonight at my farewell dinner. It's a bit surreal that I am done at the Contact Centre. I do know that I will remain friends with many of the ladies there and intend to visit them all lots!
How many people get to work with their very best and longest friend? MEI hasn't been told yet that we're a package deal :)
Yippee! A very generous gift certificate to Harrison Hot Springs....can't wait to go!
Margo! She's awesome. She took a chance on a very young, shy and inexperienced girl so many years ago. She's always been someone I could respect and trust completely.
Will miss you!

The lovely ladies at Paliotti's! Thanks for coming out and making my evening so special!

6 comments:

Terry said...

Just makes you want to go back, no?

Kerry said...

Ahh...so sweet!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely to be so appreciated isn't it? I'm sure they'll miss you very much.

Aretha said...

Twas a fun night! We'll have to go out again soon, especially now that we don't work together! ;)

Kori's House said...

I am proud of you for stepping out of your box!! What a huge decision for you. Work is not the same without you. Things have changed so much over the last 16 years. You were one of the constants through it all and I will miss you. Hopefully I will follow your lead and step out of my 'cubicle' soon too! Just let me know when MEI finds out that we are a team :)

Fiona said...

I think it's great to challenge yourself ... scary, but rewarding in the end. Good for you .. and great that you could leave on good terms and they still wanted to celebrate you.