Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Dessert to Impress

I had Andrew in for dinner tonight. He takes dinner in lieu of payment for his painting services! How lucky for us. He and Keith had stained our new fence last weekend and it's looking very spiffy now. I made his favorite chicken Neptune, Gruyere scalloped potatoes, and veggies. Dessert was meringues with homemade fudge sauce, fresh strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I have to thank my friend Delayne for inspiring this dessert and Aretha for the fudge sauce recipe. If you ever need a VERY easy dessert to serve company, this is it!



9 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

Yum! Sounds perfect!

Anonymous said...

I seriously need to come to your place for dinner sometime!

Kori's House said...

That looks so good!!

Canadian Kristin said...

I've only had pavlova once, when we visited Kari H. in England... so yummy and posh-like!

Karis said...

I am so coming over for dinner too...

Kerry said...

That looks amazing!

Jennie said...

mmmmm! :)

villagegirl said...

Thas is SO impressive! I must try it!

Lovella ♥ said...

Who needs to go out for dinner with a girl like you next door. Big sigh .. .I could use that right now. . the dessert that is ..but you'd be a delight as a neighbor as well.