Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What's Doing

Mr Liam prefers to feed himself these days. Ever since I let him eat that birthday cupcake on his own! I've never been one to let the kids mess about with their food....control freak that I am. But he's doing really well so far and has not thrown any food about!


Life is settling down into a routine now that September is almost over.

Both boys are loving school and I hope the novelty doesn't wear off anytime soon. Nathan has set a goal for himself of straight 'A's. That was a delight to hear. I've offered up a cash reward and so just maybe there will be enough motivation for it to happen. He is also attending youth group at church and loving that! They are going on a retreat at a local camp this weekend and he's pretty excited about it. He still wants to get into acting and made a big decision to audition for the Christmas performance at church this year. Sadly he didn't get a role but he wasn't discouraged in the slightest. Atta boy!

Chad is back into soccer this fall which means weekly games and practices for us! It's a sport for the hardy as they play/practice rain or shine. More rain than shine around here! He will also be going to choir at church once a week again. His most favorite activity is to play outside afterschool with his friends. He's my social butterfly.

Keith is doing quite well since his back injury a few weeks ago. He had a CAT scan yesterday so we will get the results next week to find out what exactly happened. Hopefully there won't be any permanent damage.
So my life is probably quite similar to many of yours right now. Getting back into regular bedtimes, meal planning, scheduling, and warm casseroles!

3 comments:

Terry said...

Routine is good. For a while.

Keri's Collage... said...

I'm with you Rach, routine is my friend!

PS...Liam looks so grown up eating his own food!! Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :)

Jennie said...

I like routine too!