Friday, September 04, 2009

How It's Going

I've been asked quite frequently how I like my new job.
I can't really answer that question fully yet. I've only been shown a few aspects of my duties as it's more of a learn as you go type of environment. I've been warned that the first day of school is absolutely NUTS and it makes me a bit nervous about Tuesday.
What I do know is that I already really love my co-workers. The other secretaries are just a delight to work with. They are caring ladies who have shown me great patience and really made me feel welcome. I've even been out to coffee with one of them.
It's been a bit surreal to still have a few teachers from highschool there...and more strange is that they remember me!
The principal and VP are also amazing! They all have SO MUCH fun in that office, pulling pranks, telling jokes and bugging each other tons. They say it's their coping mechanism!
I just got through a two day 'on campus' staff retreat. I wasn't keen to go at first but after attending I was so glad I went. There is quite a 'family' feel the entire staff of all three schools. We had some delicious meals, great visiting, communion, prayer and an awesome talk by Jeff Bucknam (who happens to be our pastor). He spoke on the 'Emerging Church' and it was simply fascinating!
We had worship time in chapel and it was total deja vu sitting in the chapel singing with all those harmonious voices. The only change was the modern worship songs....too bad we couldn't sing one round of 'He is Alive'!
So, that's how it's going. For now....really well! I'll report back next week when the real hard work starts!

4 comments:

Kori's House said...

I'm so very happy for you!!
What a nice change!!

I'll still be missing you at work though :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it's a great place to work. I'm so glad that it's going well so far.

Jenn said...

That sounds so good for you! I wish I could have heard him speak about the "E.C." I've heard some opinions about it and I don't know what to think about it...

villagegirl said...

Sounds like a dream.
Even if it's confusing and challenging at first, nothing beats having people you actually enjoy working with.
I'm so glad it's going well so far!