Saturday, September 05, 2009

Owies

Liam's facial scratch is a by-product of a crazy time at our house yesterday!
The ambulance had arrived and in all the commotion, Chad was left to supervise Liam. Liam fell off the couch and landed on a toy...face first.
I should back up and tell you why there was an ambulance in our driveway!
On Monday night Keith was investigating a big barn fire. To make a long story short he hurt his back moving a charged fire hose. At the time it was just a twinge and he thought nothing of it. Tuesday and Wednesday it was bugging him but nothing debilitating. Thursday it seized and by Friday he was completely incapacitated. There was no way to get him down our stairs to take him to ER...he was close to passing out from the pain when he tried to stand up.
To summarize the saga, he was taken to the hospital, given an appreciated shot of Demoral and x-rayed. The doctor was able to give us the good news that nothing was broken nor was there any sort of herniated disk. Diagnosis....torn muscle. He got a lecture on not coming to seek medical attention sooner and was sent home with several prescriptions for T3 and anti-inflammatories.
Today he is somewhat better. He is very slowly pacing around the house as he was ordered to keep moving and not lay about.
I let my inner Blogger down by not taking pictures in the ER but I was understandably distracted with all the hub-bub.
So....it's been quite an interesting Labour Day weekend so far. I don't need anymore excitement of this variety!
PS. A special thank you to Andrew for taking Nate to his grade six orientation, my mom for babysitting in a pinch and Murray for accompanying Keith to and from the hospital. We've got good families!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems there's never a shortage of excitement at your house! So glad to hear that Keith's on the mend though.

villagegirl said...

Good grief! I miss a day and look what happens!
I'm glad that Keith's back is doing better. Ugh, what an awful thing to have happen. Poor man.
And poor Liam. Good thing all small children are made of rubber and that they heal quickly. :)

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh wow. . .you had tons going on .. .I feel for you and for Keith's back and next time I have the back spasms I had earlier this summer. ..I'm calling an ambulance too. . .I knew I should have. I had tried to get into the car. .but couldn't and lived in incredible pain for two days until I could get into the car. . .go figure...
Oh poor owie on wee boy.
He is such a doll .. and I love the wagon ride pullers too. . .you have such awesome boys.

Keri's Collage... said...

I'm glad to hear Keith's on the mend. Back pain is no fun :(