Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday

We had all planned to attend the Remembrance Day ceremonies this morning but things changed abruptly. Just as Keith was getting into formation to practice marching with his peeps he got a call from his chief that there were two major fires to investigate. So he came home, changed out of his dress uniform and off he went. Since I was up dressed and ready to go as well I decided to go grocery shopping with the kids. After lunch I thought it would be a good idea to put the kids to work raking leaves. No need to spend the entire day indoors playing video games! They were good sports about it and got a lot done. I spent the afternoon washing out my cupboards...I didn't realize just how filthy they were.

If you don't read the Pioneer Woman's blog you really should go and take a gander. She's an excellent blogger, photographer, story-teller, mom and wife. She just published this amazing cookbook that Kori's ordered for me. I have already made one recipe for dinner tonight that was very delicious.
When I cleaned out my pantry today I found some mini ice cream cones. They are the perfect size for little people since they only hold about a tablespoon of ice cream. Liam was thrilled to get his very own dessert and finished it in short order.



8 comments:

Kori's House said...

Sorry you ended up the grocery store WITH kids on your DAY OFF! That stinks!

It turned out to be such a nice day out. Great idea to put the kids to work!
Blake spent the entire day outside. He really needed it!
Karli... the lazy one cleaned out her desk so I guess that will work.

So glad the cookbooks arrived. Can't wait to try a few recipes myself!

LOVE the baby cones. Brings back memories of giving them to my kids!

Anonymous said...

I just love finding things in my cupboard that I had forgotten about.

Does the cookbook basically have all the recipes from the website in it? I love her recipes!

Keri's Collage... said...

What recipe did you make?

Keri's Collage... said...

PS...we watched for Keith on the news but we didn't see him :(

Stephanie said...

I love the picture of your blondie eating his ice cream cone! :)

Jenn said...

I love the Pioneer Woman's blog!

cayman77 said...

hes so cute!

Dickie Chick said...

Hi Rachel!
I am about to order The Pioneer Woman Cooks off Amazon! I'm excited for it!