Thursday, August 05, 2010

Theatre Night

Back in April...or what is May, I purchased tickets for ;The Lion King'. Over the years I had heard from various people what a fantastic show this was and definitely wanted to see it for myself. Since getting our family to NYC to see it on Broadway is not a travel goal of ours, a trip to the QE Theatre in Vancouver was a perfect solution!
Words could never do it justice. Everything was amazing...props, costumes, acting, singing, and pure raw talent. Just phenomenal!
I wasn't sure how we should dress. I thought that it being a family type show it would be a casual group. As we drove up to the theatre I saw mostly dresses and 'Sunday' clothes. Oh dear! What can I say...we are country bumpkins. As we entered the lobby I relaxed as I noticed there was everything from shorts, to jeans, to dresses and heels. We fit in just right. We had nosebleeds seats but the view was wonderful. What a great memory!


6 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

Sounds great! Boys enjoyed it too?

Terry said...

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

I know so many people who went to see it and everyone said it was amazing. Now I'm disappointed that I wasn't lucky enough to go myself.

Beth said...

We saw the Lion King when it was in Seattle last year...AMAZING!

I'm so glad you had a chance to see it, too!!

villagegirl said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

Canadian Kristin said...

I've only heard good about Lion King... in my experience live theatre is always worth it! Glad you got a chance to go and to expose your boys, too!