Tuesday, October 16, 2012

16 & 61

Time for the October birthdays!  I had my family over for my mom's birthday.  I made the requisite dairy-free, beef-free supper and dessert.  Ham, salad, buns, veggies, and scalloped potatoes.  Did you know that one can make delicious scalloped potatoes without any dairy?  They were so good that I don't think that I'll go back to the old kind.  For dessert I made a lemon poppy seed bundt and a chocolate cake. 
 
 
 William's first birthday in Canada!
 
 
 After supper we gathered in the family room to watch Amazing Race.  As you can see my children become limp rags when given back rubs. 
Not sure if Liam's back rubs are equally as relaxing as Grandad's!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Re: backrub. Great blogging minds think alike. Haha.

Keri's Collage... said...

Looks like another successful birthday bash!
You will have to share your recipe...

Stephanie said...

My kids also looooove back rubs. Is this a Friesen thing? It's the only way to keep Lukas quiet sometimes :)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you could make scalloped potatoes without dairy. How interesting!

Trace said...

I did not know about dairy free scalloped potatoes! I will have to tell my Mum!