Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Brave New World

These days the kitchen is not solely the woman's domain.    The majority of homes have both mom and dad working outside the home so it's rather important that there is more than one cook in the house.  Nate is fairly keen to cook and has proven himself quite useful when I am looking around for a sister wife to pitch in. Keith fortunately has the excuse of working late most evenings so unless we want to eat around 7:30 or 8:00 pm ( and I certainly do not!) I cook the majority of the meals.  I truly don't mind.  Keith gets Fridays and we cook together on the weekends.
Learning to feed yourself properly is an important skill.  Moms of boys, do them a favour and teach them the basics at least!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I couldn't agree more! I always say I am raising two future husbands. It also helps me to feel less guilty when I don't feel like cooking to know that I am teaching them to fend for themselves :)

villagegirl said...

Sweet!! I want one of those in my kitchen! :) Feeding the masses is sometimes a daunting task so it's sure nice to have help sometimes!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Our oldest can not cook. He actually called me once to ask how to make tomato soup. From a can. The middle two survive pretty well in the kitchen. Jim also loves to cook; most nights it's just who gets into the kitchen first here lol.

Anonymous said...

Great job you moms of boys! As a mother of girls I can only hope and pray that my future sons-in-law have moms like you.