Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Self-Confessed Anglophile

Yes...I said it.  I am an Anglophile.
I caved into the social pressures of watching a TV series (generally I do not enjoy too much TV watching) over the Christmas holidays.  Well, it wasn't any pressure but more than one person who knows I am into 'all things British' recommended this show to me so I thought I ought to give it a chance.
And so.....'Downton Abbey' is now my new favorite show!
The costumes are gorgeous, the accents divine, the mansion is gorgeous and the characters are intriguing.  It's a very well done program!  I understand these types of dramas are not for everyone but this was definitely for me!
 
 

5 comments:

onewomanstreasures said...

funny you mentioned this! I just came across it over the holidays too. love it! Jennifer

villagegirl said...

Now you've got my intrest piqued! I'll have to check it out. :)

Gaye said...

It IS wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This show lost me within the first few episodes.

QuiltNut Creations said...

I have yet to see this!