Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First Creepy...Then Funny

On Monday I was taking advantage of the awesome sunshine and mowing the lawn.  As I have stated in the past I enjoy mowing the grass and do not consider it either man's work nor woman's work. 
So, I finished the back and moved to do the front.  I saw that Engine One Ladder truck was stopped on our street and found out that they had driven by and saw a whole bunch of kids on the street and took it upon themselves to stop the engine and let the kids explore the truck.  A very kind-hearted gesture.  Keith went out and said 'hi' as I don't think they knew we lived in the house they had parked in front of.  Keith headed back inside as I started mowing and as I glanced up one of the fire fighters was taking a picture of me with his i-phone.  I kept on mowing but was perturbed.  Was he merely admiring our stunning rhododendron which is full of red blooms?  Was he a creepy pervert?  I was actually a bit annoyed at this point and eventually they drove off.  After I was done mowing I told Keith about it.  He didn't seem to think much of it and told me to let it go...because you know,  his job is to calm me down when I freak out!
Tonight he came home from work and told me that they took a picture of me basically to mock out Keith for 'making his wife' mow the grass!  Keith had to assure him that I ENJOY mowing the lawn and they couldn't believe it.  They obviously have no idea what it's like to have a 'crazy-bee in the bonnet,Mennonite,energetic,bull in a china shop' sort of wife.
Too bad for them!

3 comments:

Terry said...

Good one. They can come back here and get a photo of your mother doing exactly the same thing for exactly the same reason.

villagegirl said...

Silly men. They probably secretly think you rock and that Keith is very lucky.
I have mowed the lawn many a time but have just as happily passed the job along to Ethan who adores it!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!
I used to enjoy mowing the lawn until I hurt my knee. Now, not so much.