Thursday, May 23, 2013

We Love Cows!

Since we are pretty big fans of dairy products and beef, we love cows!  Liam's preschool class took a field trip yesterday to Aldor Acres farm in Langley.
I have to say it was quite the set-up and I was really impressed.  The owners/farmers were very organized, the barns were neat and tidy and the hands-on experience was exciting.
Liam really enjoyed himself but proved to be a city boy because he complained about the smell the entire time!
 
 It was a chilly morning...hence the vest.  Certainly doesn't feel like late May!
 
 The viewing theatre was quite impressive. 
 
 Shake, shake, shake that cream into butter!
 
 Some of the kids were freaked out by this gentle Jersey cow but Liam had no problem walking right up to her.  He was able to pet her and then milk her!  I was also given a chance to do the same.  A first for me!
 Then the kids were taken outside to feed the cows some hay and silage.
 This little calf was two days old and the kids were welcome to pet her too.
After they had their 'dairy experience' we were all given a sample of ice cold chocolate milk and then each child received an ice cream cone of their choice.  Vanilla, strawberry or chocolate. 
Liam and I had a great time and I think we BOTH learned lots too.

3 comments:

villagegirl said...

I loved that field trip! I went with both boys and I agree, it's well run, clean (as far as barns go) and educational.
Yay Liam!

cayman77 said...

I remember that place! too fun and cute for all the kids!

Anonymous said...

What a cool place for a field trip!