Sunday, July 14, 2013

This & That

So I just completed my first official week of summer holidays.  I got bored by day four!  I know that is very lame.  Trying to keep Liam entertained and from annoying his older brother is quite the task and I'm trying to get my groove on!  We did try to keep busy each and every day though.  Liam had swimming lessons every morning at 10 am.  This gave me a reason to get dressed each day!  Sadly he did not pass to the next level and he was quite disappointed about that.  He definitely improved and got braver about his face in the water so that's good.  We are considering putting him in a few private lessons just to get him going a little more quickly.  30 minutes divided by six kids with one teacher doesn't give much quality teaching time.
One afternoon we rode our bikes to 'The Reach' gallery to see the Star Wars exhibit.  It was very good and if you have any Star Wars fanatics at your house, I recommend a trip over there.  It's free!
 
 We have also spent time at the BMX park. 
 Hanging out in the back yard, playing with the garden hose, slurping watermelon and basically being lazy was also on the agenda.
 Chad is now my official mower now that Nathan is working.  The job is going very well by the way and Nathan now knows what he does NOT want to do for the rest of his life!  Ha!  Life lesson.
 This was a new flower for me this year and I'll definitely be planting asters again.  They are very pretty!
I don't have any photographic proof but last night we had a most wonderful date.  We drove William and his friend Rose to the airport (yes, seeing him off was WONDERFUL!) and sent them on their way to China.  We all need the holiday and I hope he comes back with a better attitude towards his school work.  We will have a new list of rules for him now that we're more experienced host parents that is going to hopefully keep the frustrations on both our parts to a minimum.  Anyhow!  He's gone and that's good.  After the airport we drove to Stanley Park and met up with Kori & Roger for a brisk walk around the seawall.  It wasn't crowded at all and we had a great time chatting and catching up.  At this point it was around 9 pm and we were starving so headed on foot to Canada Place where there is a new Cactus Club.  We were seated with a fabulous view of the harbour with the sunset....oooohhhh it was perfect!  Awesome food, fabulous sangria and some good laughs made for an excellent end to the week.  After all that food it felt good to have a 20 minute walk (minus a pit stop in the Westin lobby to use their facilities)  back to our cars and even better to find that they were still in the parking lot!  It was almost midnight by this time.  After we got home I tracked our walk online to find that we had walked 14.6 kms in total.  Yowzers! 
And so week one of the holidays is now just a memory.  Week two should be more exciting and I am looking forward to posting all about it!

4 comments:

Trace said...

It sounds like a busy week! :) Those flowers are pretty. I don't think I'll ever have flowers again. A certain dog likes to either eat our plants or bury things next to them.

Keri's Collage... said...

Sounds like a great start to summer holidays, but I will wash your mouth out with soap if I hear the 'B' word again!!!!
Sorry I missed the seawall walk, that is at the top of my list of favorites!

Stephanie said...

We did private swim lessons with Lukas when he was 5 or 6; the class size and time limit really made it hard for him to improve in the regular lessons. The private lessons were very much worth it!

Anonymous said...

Love the asters! Great color!

Your date night sounds perfect.