Friday, November 22, 2013

Catching Up & Winding Down

 Hey friends.  It's been a while...sorry!  I'll just bring you up to date with a few snippets of the past week or so.
 Our new electric fireplace was looking pretty empty but I wasn't sure what to decorate the mantle with.  A few days ago I went down the Christmas aisle at Costco and these little owls spoke to me.  I find that it's the 'Year of the Owl' in decor and while I am not generally a trendy gal I just loved these pieces.  And they were very affordable.  They like their new home.  They told me.
On Remembrance Day we went to support Keith and remember the soldiers at the local Cenotaph.  It was a fairly balmy day...dry and around 14 degrees.  Liam was very restless but it was a meaningful ceremony none-the-less and I'm glad we went.


Kori and Heather must have made some secret plans and left me out.  NOT nice!  Actually we find that unintentional matching days happen more often than not in our office.  It's a sign we're all bonded and like-minded!  In case you were curious, Kori is doing incredibly well in her new position at MEI.  I'm super proud of her!

1980's & Nerd Day at work was so fun.  We are all of fairly similar age so we were nice and comfortable with our outfits, mannerism and have fun playing the top hits over the internet.  Like, totally rad!


 Liam is keeping us on our toes and constantly entertained with his hilarious one-liners and funny stories.  He's become quite 'infamous' at school and he's endeared himself to the office staff, admin and teachers at both the elementary AND middle school.  

Ah yes....the traumatized child.  Liam watched the movie 'Charlotte's Web' for the first time and was beside himself with grief once the movie was over.  Charlotte died and Liam could not be consoled.  Poor tender-hearted little lamb.  The same thing happened to Nathan 10 years ago!  

And now for the winding down news.  I have lost my bloggy mojo.  I am finding it rather a chore than a pleasure.  I already post most of my current events on facebook so to duplicate my photos and updates is rather tedious.  My readership is way down, my picture taking is also rather dismal (crappy camera to blame?), my time on the computer is shorter and well, it's just not like it used to be.  I will most likely discontinue regular posting after Christmas.  I will keep the blog open and perhaps will post 'big events' as they happen but the day to day 'stuff' of life will not be recorded on this medium.  
It's been a good ride!  

7 comments:

Sonya said...

I shall miss reading about your day-to-day life. Yours is one of my fave blogs!

Terry said...

The photos show so much better on the blog as opposed to Facebook. Otherwise I guess it is redundant.

Keri's Collage... said...

I'm still reading! I check it every day! Sorry... I should comment more!

villagegirl said...

Ditto Keri!
I will be sad. After all - it's all your fault I started blogging in the first place! :)

villagegirl said...

Also...I love your owls. I just went down that Costco isle too but the deer spoke louder. :)

Stephanie said...

I think the blog is a great place to post all your photos. They look beautiful and it's a lovely diary of your life. (Personally, I don't trust FB when it comes to privacy.) But I know what you mean about how much work it is to post in two places. I'm surprised you've done it this long! :)

Heather said...

I love reading your blog, but definitely understand how much work it is. :)