Friday, November 29, 2013

Lots to Look Forward To!

My week wrapped up!  
Oh this week flew, but don't they all?  Keith has been so very busy in the garage every spare moment working on pieces for the set of 'A Christmas Carol'.  I have been single-parenting it quite a lot.  But still have managed to find time to get in my power walks each night.  One day I dragged Keith away from the power tools, another night I took Nate and the rest of the nights were spent on the treadmill.  I only exercise to maintain these days since my eating isn't as disciplined as it should be!  Thankfully I thoroughly enjoy my power walks and don't like to miss.  The boys will be at rehearsals all weekend as next week is the big production.  Liam and I are going to put up the Christmas tree (well, that's the plan anyhow!) and go see the Christmas tree lighting and parade at High Street Mall.  Have you been there yet?  I really like that new mall...it's a great addition to Abbotsford!  

 Last weekend, Liam 'helped' me make Banana Chocolate Chip muffins.  I have to admit I wasn't too sad when he lost interest fairly quickly.  I am not so great at sharing my kitchen space.
On my day off, I was out around the lunch hour and got a brilliant idea to meet Keith for lunch.  He was pleasantly surprised by my phone call and we met up for Chinese food.  It was a such a nice time that we decided that we would do this once a month.

I am looking forward to Christmas break already.  I have about 2/3 of my shopping done and have my baking list sorted and my ideas for Christmas dinner pretty much solidified.  The music has started playing on the radio and I'm starting to feel that lovely coziness that Christmas brings.  Liam is singing carols already that he is learning at school and Chad has been playing carols on his clarinet.
So thankful we have Christmas to break up the long winter!

2 comments:

sultana said...

Down time is the best time after a whirlwind of getting ready. Welcome winter months of recovery!

Sonya said...

I was totally the same way about letting my kids help in the kitchen when they were little. Now Paige is my sous chef and I love having her help me out.

Aren't lunch dates wonderful? Gary and I are big fans of lunch dates ourselves. :)