Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Flora & Fauna

There's been a serious lack of blogging material lately....or a serious laziness come over this blogger! So even though it's not a very exciting post I thought that I should do something. Here's a little garden update.
Look see what I can do. I can kill lavender bushes quite well. Actually, I'm not 100% to blame because my mom suggested I use 'Round-Up' to kill the grass that was threatening to take over the bush. The grass is all dead now....and so is the bush. I think there might be a wee little bit of life in it though so I transplanted it to an area in the back where it won't be noticed. I'll give it another few weeks before I throw it down Kori's ravine :)
An here are some flowers that are very pretty that are coming up all over the place. No idea what they are called.
Again....not sure what these are but they are really pretty. The lighting isn't that great today for photos...it's too bright out.
And finally, my raspberries are doing very well. My mom planted them for me about 6 weeks ago and they 'took'. They must like their new home here in my patch of dirt. I am looking forward to tasting some in July. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!! I bet you're loving having a yard and garden. We might have to come over on those hot summer nights and send the boys through a sprinkler before bed.

~Erin

onedayatatime said...

Your flowers are so pretty! I love gardening too :) I bet those flowers smell really pretty :)

Keri's Collage... said...

Very nice Rach! Will you get berries this year or does it take a few years?

Canadian Kristin said...

Alas, my raspberry plant didn't survive the winter...so can I come "pick berries" at your house this summer! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of all your beautiful flowers. I don't have any in my yard at all.

My raspberries are doing amazing as well. Can't wait to taste those delicious berries!

Anonymous said...

Ya, I know what those are, those are...those are...I know what they are, I just don't remember their name. Ask your mom. She knows everything.

Anonymous said...

the little blue flowers are called ajuga i think. you have my perennial book so you can find them. the berries will come this year but not be plentiful untill next. i don't know the name of the white ones. the lavender bush is a gonner, i'm sorry.

katybruk said...

I'm the Round-Up queen :) It's the only way to stay on top of weeds in my yard. So here's the scoop on round-up. It will kill anything green (except bamboo!!! long story). Roundup is designed to work with the chlorophyll (sp?) in plants. So if it touches the base of an apple tree, for example, the apple tree will live - no green in the trunk. But a slight touch of Round-Up on anything green, and BOOM - it's dead. Very effectively dead :) I LOVE IT.

Sorry about your lavendar :( Some plant deaths are hard to take. My roses did not winter very well. 3rd summer here and now over half of them are gonners (I think I still have a dozen scattered around the property that are thriving).