Tuesday, May 29, 2007

For A Job Well Done


Last week was the final set of swimming lessons. Much to our disappointment Chad didn't pass his level again. The good news is that he has improved SO much since March that we don't really mind him not passing. We're just thrilled that he appears to have overcome his fear of water and we could see progress at each and every lesson. He did so well!
I had told Chad that if he passed his level he would be able to pick out any toy he wanted (within a price range) from Toys R Us. So after the first set that he didn't pass I stuck to my guns and he didn't get a toy. But after not passing a second time I simply HAD to reward his excellent progress. So we went to Toys R Us and he selected this battle ship which took him two days to put together all by himself. He's a happy boy and we are done with swimming lessons for a while!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That battleship looks like it was a real challenge!!!!! I'm so glad that you did it all by yourself, Chad.

villagegirl said...

If he made great progress, I'd say that's what counts! Yay Chad!
Great Battleship too. Looks like a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

I think progress definitely deserves a reward!

poof said...

Wow, he put that together himself? He's a genius!

Colleen said...

Love the battleship. Chad looks so proud of himself.

Anonymous said...

Hes such a sweetheart- I love his cute face!

Kori's House said...

I look forward to seeing Chad show off his new skills this summer!
Way to go buddy!!

Amazing job of the battleship!