Thursday, May 17, 2007

Therefore you shall see flowers

Sorry blog friends. There is nothing witty or intriguing or adventurous to write about today. So....how about another garden tour? Yes? Okay.....

What are these pretty pink flowers? Help!
My ferns are growing very quickly! I'm sure they were just a few inches high a month ago.
My 'Creeping Jenny' is creeping nicely. I really wanted to buy some 'Creeping Phlox' today but couldn't find it at my local nursery. Anyone familiar with that particular perrenial?
And last but not least my rhodo in the back yard has the most beautiful white blooms!


So do any of my fellow Canadian blogger have plans for the upcoming long weekend?
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Colleen said...

At first I thought I'd read "Creepy Jenny". How odd, thought I.

Nope! No plans for the weekend. Mark and I just got back from our trip so I'm sure I'll just be spending it chilling out/cleaning.

Keri's Collage... said...

Big plans! Big Big plans!
Nice flowers Rach!

Anonymous said...

As usual I'm planning on working, so are the guys. The flowers are English Daisys. But the exciting part is that I'm doing a write up on the gardens for the upcoming "Life began in a garden tour" on my days off next week.The bridal shower will pre-empt my participation on the tour date June the 26th. Tickets $10 for Children's Hospital.

Anonymous said...

I love all of your flowers, Rachel. And I love that you don't know the names of some of them...I wouldn't either. :)

As for the long weekend, Paige and I will be home alone and have tons of fun things planned!

Jenn said...

Oh....I love the flowers! Your garden looks beautiful. I'm wanting to garden so badly but I'm not sure I should plant anything because it may all be washed away! Maybe I'll just pick up some hanging baskets and bring them with me if the flood hits!

I'm heading out for a nice relaxing weekend at ladies retreat. Spa night, chocolate, sleeping in...... :)

Theresa said...

WOWZERS!!! You're gardening skills are amazing! I can't get something to grow unless I get my mom to take care of my garden! I've got hanging baskets, just remember - water = life! hehehe
Truly, beautiful!

Jenn said...

Long weekend? What's that?! I really need my hubbie to stop being self employed and then we could enjoy one of those!
Beautiful flowers... I'm partial to the "Creeping Jennies" :)

Dickie Chick said...

Ooooo ... I love those beautiful flowers! They must bring you happiness just looking at them everyday! They look amazing!

We are going to start lanscaping soon at our place. Been 2 years of barren land (just planted grass this past fall). So it will be nice to put in some beds.
Like Jen, I too am a little frightened that the floods will wash it all away. Yikes!