Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Grand Time

Luckily it was my day off so we were able to attend the official grand opening of Fire Hall #3 on the Fraser Hwy today. The kids always enjoy anything to do with fire trucks, free food and seeing their Dad! I don't mind either :)



Here they are racing each other in the Junior Firefighting Challenge. It was a close race!







A fine 'stop-drop & roll' technique.







Off to the rest of the challenge





Then to put out the fire at the end....well done!


Their official race certificates



All that racing works up an appetite. Chad was more than pleased to scarf down some hot dogs and goodies. Nate ate lunch before we went....we knew there was no way he'd eat a hot dog!



And finally here is another shot of the 'project'. So my dad and Fiona are quite mistaken in thinking it's a burial plot. All will be revealed in a few days!

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Looks like a great day at the firehall - uniforms make everything more official...we've got a few housefulls of police and firemen!

I am casting a vote...I think it's going to be a hot tub!

Anonymous said...

What a fun-looking day at the firehall. Almost makes me wish I was married to a fireman! ;)

Theresa said...

Oh, yes! I looks like a hot tub space to me! Our cement blocks looked just about the same as yours do!
(Or at least I hope it is a hot tub for your sake!!!)

Kori's House said...

Looks like you had the Hall all to yourselves!!

good job on the 'spot' Keith!!

Keith and Teri said...

I'd say it looks like a great place for a hot tub too!!! Good for you guys :)

Kori's House said...

just noticed that very large can in the one picture. Was it full of suckers?!?!

Rachel said...

Yes, my sugar-baby friend. It was full of suckers!