Friday, August 03, 2007

Camping Highlights

The family just got back from five days of camping up in the Okanagan. We had originally wanted to go to our old favorite site at the Shuswap but it was full so we took a chance on a site near Vernon called 'Kekuli Bay'.
It turned out to be a great place! It was hot and dry and beautiful. The best thing about it was that the local wildlife did not include bears. I am terrified of bears. The local wildlife are rattlesnakes! Much better :)

We swam, ate, and lazed about. I read four books! It was wonderful. Now we are home and I am dealing with the laundry. Yuck! Everything has that camp-fire odor that I detest so much.

I have so many pictures but won't bore you with them all....here are a few for now. My brother came along and took some much better photos with his super duper SLR so I'll post some of those when he eventually sends them on to me.
The walk down to the beach....a bit of a trek but well worth it.
Yum....gotta have hot dogs when you're camping!

And you've definitely got to have s'mores too!

It was so hot that our chocolate melted into one big packet of goo. We had to put it on ice in our cooler to revive it again.

The boys on the trail above the campground.

The water was amazing. I felt like we could have been in the Caribbean!

8 comments:

Kori's House said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time!!
I can't wait to experience the Caribbean right here in BC!

Dickie Chick said...

I believe that's Kal Lake where you camped? I love looking at that lake - the water is such an amazing colour! Glad you had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect camping trip!

Colleen said...

Ooooh, just look at that water! You're killing me. I wish I could be there this VERY second.

villagegirl said...

Gorgeous! That's what camping should be like.

Canadian Kristin said...

I'm so glad you had a great time!! And so glad you are back, too.....it was lonely with you gone!!!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

looks like a great campsite. i hate that campfire smell too-yuck! welcome home!! :)

cayman77 said...

Looks beautiful! What a fun getaway, summer days are so much fun!