Sunday, October 21, 2007

What We Did Today

What I really wanted to do this afternoon was to go shopping in the States. Alas...the bank account would not have been happy and we are trying to be 'good' this month in our spending habits. So....we stayed home. Nathan and I decided to make something yummy in the kitchen together. For the first time I made macaroons. They were very easy and Nathan was a great help. I almost never wear an apron when I am in the kitchen but we thought it would be fun to wear them today.

Here is the finished product. Yum!
After the baking session we played Monoply with Nathan. I kicked some serious butt.....it must be my excellent banking skills :) You might wonder where Chad was today. He was playing Lego of course! He would pop out of his room now and again to say 'hi'.
Oh then I had an urge to make something extra sinful. I think we'll eat them for dinner!
I hope your Sunday was equally as relaxing.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kori's House said...

Not sure why, but that first picture does not look like you!

What a nice cozy day inside on this rainy day!!

Looks like Nathan not only has his mom's green thumb but may also have the baking thumb!

villagegirl said...

Those look mighty sinful indeed! Do I have this recipe??? I am feeling the need to try them I think. :)
Sounds like a nice Sunday.

Keri's Collage... said...

I was going to ask if you got your hair cut!
I attempted to bake cinammon buns yesterday but hit the "bread" button on my bread maker instead of "dough" and we ended up with some amazing WHITE (EEK!) bread instead! Delish! I can smell your baking from here :)

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks amazing! What is your secret?

And the cinnamon buns? Oy! I've been thinking about making cinnamon buns now that the weather calls for comfort food, but my recipe is quite involved and so far I haven't felt motivated enough.

Lovella ♥ said...

I also thought you looked very nice. Oh those buns, not a good thing to look at that after dinner when I most would love to snack.
Your baking looks so good, it reminds me of my help years ago. Oh what fun that was. ..(incidentally the oldest was always down stairs, with the sounds of lego coming up the stairs when the younger one was helping me in the kitchen.)

Theresa said...

Maybe you should set up a little baking business! I'd be your first customer!!! I'm salivating!!!