Sunday, January 13, 2008

British Invasion

Bread pudding. It's English, right? Up until this night I do not believe that I had ever tasted this dish. Ever since seeing it on one of my favorite site (The Pioneer Women)I had a hankering to try it. Well....now I've tried it. It's good. But not so good that I would like to waste my caloric intake on it. I'd rather have many other things. The recipe also made a sauce for it called 'Whiskey Cream Sauce' which was entirely too rich! That being said, Keith and Chad gobbled it up and declared it delicious! Of course Nathan would not touch it because it had pecans in it. Fussy child, that one.


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. I don't think I'll be trying this recipe out since I'm not huge on really rich dishes.

cayman77 said...

Lol! Thats my guys fave dessert! Since hes British & all. Its pretty good- I tried it at Moxies for the first time. It was a chocolate one.
My Mom said its so easy to make & she will show me- hmm then I can surprise him with my "Old" English way.

Keri's Collage... said...

Looks good enough to try at least once :)

Kori's House said...

Glad you tried it first :)

villagegirl said...

Well, you never know until you try it! (which I tell my eldest repeatedly - must be a first born thing, the fussy part)
I can't say I'm a big fan but I haven't tried it in a while. Maybe I should take my own advice. :)

Sinead said...

Wow! We are impressed. Ceara says you always make such lovely desserts! I like "rich"...heck, I like pretty much any dessert! Bread puddings can be kind of heavy though so I imagine a small piece would suffice.

Lovella ♥ said...

OOOh I love bread pudding. For years and years everytime we went to ABC restaraunt I anguished whether or not to have the bread pudding with whiskey sauce.
Your looks very yummy.

Terry said...

That looks kind of good.

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on your blog. It was fun.

Colleen said...

I had bread pudding once and really liked it. No leftovers, eh?

Canadian Kristin said...

LOVE IT! It always makes me feel like "Christmas morning"!