Friday, January 18, 2008

Lots and Lots of Bathroom Breaks

How many male readers do I have? Two at the most I think.
Perhaps now you should avert your eyes....if TMI is a phase you utter with regularity!
I am distressed to be the receipient of my very first bladder infection.
Yuck
Ugh
Nasty


**Jan 19 Update**:

Thanks to all my caring bloggy readers for your comments and good wishes. I didn't really clarify that this was NOT a painful experience so I did feel a bit guilty getting all the sympathy! It was and is mostly a pain to visit the facilities a gazillion times a day is all. And this is why I let it go for 5 days before I went to the doctor. From what I read on the net, I should have also had pain and possibly a fever. Anyhow....I have my prescription and do already feel like I am well on my way to 'normal'!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rach. I feel so bad for you. I've had a few over the years and they sure are no picnic! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Shawna said...

Go out buy cranberry pills...I am a regular contributor to the "bladder-infections-r-us" club...they work...if you took one at the begining of reading this pill you would already feel better...go, seriously, go!

Take 3 now, 3 in three more hours and 3 before bed...you will thank me later!

villagegirl said...

Oh bother. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it is not pleasant. I hope it goes away in a flash.

Kori's House said...

I also feel bad for you!
Hope you are on the mend real soon!

Anonymous said...

Horrible, evil, nasty things!
Hope you feel better soon. Cranberry pills help.
Chris from Work

Karis said...

I'm sorry. I had my 1st one when I was pregnant with Jase......not fun!!!! Hang in there.

Kerry said...

So sorry to hear that. From what I've heard from my Mom, cranberry juice really helps...but now I just noticed that you've been told that already. So, hope you're on the road to recovery.

QuiltNut Creations said...

yuck Rachel. used to get those allll the time. like other's have suggested, get some cranberry pills and hopefully you'll feel better soon!

Shawna said...

apparently you're more loved than me...since you have no pain - lucky girl!

Colleen said...

Been there, too. I'm glad to hear you're already feeling better. Pretty soon you'll be peeing with joy. :D

Canadian Kristin said...

:-( Glad the meds are kicking in so quickly!

The Lang 6 said...

eyes averted...hope that all works out well for ya!

poof said...

I have a tried and true cure if you are interested. Once you have one, they tend to reoccur. Nasty things.