Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chad's Birthday Adventure

Chad received a unique gift from my mom for his birthday. It was a trip on the West Coast Express into Vancouver. Chad was so excited to be able to ride the train. Nathan was also very happy to be included on this adventure and Chad was okay with that. They set off on Friday morning in the wee small hours.
They walked for miles and miles and MILES and finally came to Prospect Point in Vancouver where they had lunch. I knew what the boys ate even before they told me. Chicken strips for Chad and grilled cheese for Nathan. So predictable!
From the looks on their faces when they got home I knew they had an awesome day. The weather was perfect. The boys got to spend a very fun day with BOTH their grandmas!
The kids were exhausted that night and I do hope both our moms recovered!







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super fun adventure! Your boys are blessed to have such cool grandmas.

villagegirl said...

That is a fabulous birthday gift! I'd actually like to do that myself one day.
What great grandmas they have!

Kerry said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great birthday!!

Murray and Tracy said...

What a great idea. Looks like they had an awesome day! :)

Jenn said...

Great gift! Time with grandma is SO important.

Colleen said...

I love the faces of kids who've been in the sunshine. :)

Anneliese said...

What a fun date! I'm looking at it from the gramma's perspective, of course!!! Have to remember that one.

Kori's House said...

That is so fun! What a great day and great lasting memories for them and the Grandma's.

Hmm, I am now adding 'Prospect Point' to my list of summer adventures :)

Keri's Collage... said...

A special gift! Very cool!