Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spring Urges

Something needed to be done. It was cluttered, disorganized and full of relics.
My closet.


Now a big bag of clothes sits ready to donate to the clothing swap at church this month.
Things are looking tidy!

Look at all those empty hangers waiting to be replenished. Looks like a little shopping is needed this spring. I didn't get to buy anything last year due to the bump so now I'm REALLY ready for some new duds. Those bags on the floor are Liam's outgrown clothes. I'm just waiting for some friends and relatives to have their babies so I can pass them on!


Keith's side doesn't look so bad but really it's full of stuff that he never wears. How can I ever convince him to purge his half of the closet? Sigh......he is not fond of purging like his wife is!

7 comments:

villagegirl said...

Oooohhh. I love a good sort and organization! Looks great. As for the hubby. I have no advice. Mine only (after 12 years) just started being ok with purging. Maybe the promise of new clothes for him if there's empty hangers?? Good luck!

elma_pauls said...

Although it is a lot of work, I also love the "clean out"...although lately I have found myself looking for stuff that I got rid of last year...sad, sad! The good news is now that the kids have moved out, I have quadrupled my personal closet space...just another way to make organizing easier. Have fun with the shopping...some really great stuff out there!

Kori's House said...

Can't you just start sneaking an item from his side one by one? He'll never notice :)

Anonymous said...

I love that your church has a big clothing swap. Such a terrific idea!

Terry said...

Try some of your mother's techniques. You know what they are. :)

Rachel said...

As much as I'm tempted to clean his side for him, I have to respect his stuff. What looks like junk to me could be something he wants to keep. So...in the interest of keeping my marriage happy I have a 'hands off' policy.

Jenn said...

Nice work! I'm hoping to do that to my closet this week too :) Mine is much messier than your before pic though...