Friday, December 17, 2010

Ends and Beginnings

It doesn't take long to form a bond of friendship with those you work with. After being at MEI for seven years my friend and co-worker Val is moving onto new things. I am going to miss her very much. She is wise, a strong woman of faith, caring and incredibly addicted to chocolate!
We had a combined going away party for her and a congratulations party for Heather who just received her doctorate! Introducing Dr Smith! She's one smart cookie.
We got them the yummiest lemon cake ever.
A chocolate fondue for lunch was sure to please Val. The rest of the staff seemed quite pleased about it too actually!
As you can see, Val even felt the need to embellish her cake with chocolate. She is hard core!
On a happier note, today was my last day of work until January 4th. Lovely.
I attended the Michael W Smith Christmas concert tonight with my friends. It was just so well done. Classy, professional and entertaining. A most enjoyable three hours! A perfect way to start the holidays.

In case you are wondering where the rest of my family was, wonder no more. I left them at home. I am the sole MWS fan in my house!

No comments: