Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Prize

Today I was cranky. I suppose I could have blamed it on the kink in my neck I woke up with or the fact it's pouring rain in Palm Springs or blah blah blah...I was just cranky. Because.
Keith usually bears the brunt of my cranks and is good about letting me use his arm as a punching bag! Today he heard me muttering about my 'ugly' table as I was setting it for dinner (his family came for supper tonight). He willingly went outside and clipped down some branches of holly from our neighbors tree for me.


An offering with love. He's a good man.



Here's my before picture. It's a lonely candle.

It's amazing what a little greenery can do!


I enjoyed looking at my centre piece for the entire dinner and thought about how Keith made my day by doing this for me!

5 comments:

villagegirl said...

A good man indeed. And that is truly a beautiful centerpiece!
I love holly and I love things simple. The perfect combo!
Hope you had a lovely dinner.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how something as simple as a little bit of holly can turn an ordinary candle into something really lovely. How thoughtful (and smart!) of Keith to do that for you.

white girl said...

Now that is love.

Fiona said...

Way to go, Keith! It looks GREAT!

cayman77 said...

What an amazing Hubby indeed!!!!! You will always remember this- its the simplest things that count :)