Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Record Albums


Here are some favorite childhood Christmas albums. And yes, they were played on a RECORD PLAYER. I sure hope you all know what that is and how to operate one :)

Oh Nana....'Old Toy Trains' can bring a tear to my eye!


Dear Roger...I loved it when you sang 'Mama Mary'!




Okay....'Come On Ring Those Bells' is a classic! Did you get to enjoy Evie back in the day? Loved her perfect blond bowl cut...I aspired to that but with my wavy brown horse hair it would never happen!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, do those bring back memories. I think my dad had record albums by all 3 of those artists back in the day. And knowing him, he probably STILL has them!

villagegirl said...

Oh yes, I know them well! I loved Evie too, although, I can't stomach Nana anymore. Ugh. Too warbly. :)

Heather said...

Oh Nana - Little Toy Trains, Little toy tracks, little toy drums coming from a sack, carried by a man dressed in white and red....

THAT is a blast from the past I did not need. Thanks for replanting that song back in my mind - and on and on it shall play.

Hope you are having fun in the sun. I hear it finally stopped raining so I'm hoping you are able to catch some warmth and rays nowadays.

See you soon!!

Kerry said...

I loved all of those as well. And I envied Evie's hair...I always wanted my hair like hers. :)

Fiona said...

We definitely had Roger Moore and Evie, but not the other one ... which by Heather's comment, seems like I should be happy about. haha! Yes, Come On Ring Those Bells will forever be a quintessential Christmas song for me.

Ang said...

I still love Nana Mouskouri's Old Toy Trains - absolute fave for decorating the tree!!!
Sure reminds me of my Dad; we loved Nana's music together.