Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tracking

This has been very slow going but I am thrilled to report I have now lost 25 lbs!
It's been teeny, tiny baby steps so perserverence has been the key factor in making this happen.
Just as an interesting side note 25 lbs is equal to 75,000 calories and is the equivalent weight of a car tire!
Only 15 lbs to go to my goal.
I shall get there...eventually!

PS.  And a big THANK YOU to my supporters (you know who you are) who have encouraged me and kept me going!
PPS.  Just bought some shorts in a size 8 today.  That is a first for me...NEVER ever been a single digit size before.  And before you go and tell me all about 'vanity sizing' and how sizes are bigger now, I know.  But I'm still thrilled!

9 comments:

villagegirl said...

wooohooo!! You are truly amazing. Losing weight is hard work.
8!! That is thrilling! I totally understand the size thing. I don't care what 'they' say. It does matter. It shouldn't, but it does.

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I am so impressed! I really can't imagine you needing to lose anymore….25 lbs is absolutely amazing! Huge congrats!!

Keri's Collage... said...

Congratulations Rach! So proud of you! Your hard work is paying off :)

Kimberley said...

That's amazing Rachel!! Congratulations! Way to persevere...you must have more energy as well which probably feels great. So happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go Rachel! Oh the joy of being a single digit size. I have fond (distant) memories of it myself. :)

Rachel said...

Thanks all! Kimberley...I've always had a ton of energy so that hasn't changed too much.
One of the biggest changes is that I am freezing cold a lot of time. That sucks!

Kerry said...

That is SOOOO awesome Rachel!! Woohoooooo!!!

Kori's House said...

You are doing amazing!!

Trace said...

Well done, you!! That's awesome!!! :)