Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Baby is Growing Up


April 18, 2001 was the day we met Chad! Oh, what a chubby bundle of delight he was. I remember getting a peek at him all bundled up like a papoose while they were stitching me up from the c-section and I thought he was just the cutest thing. He was a hefty 8 lbs 8 oz.

Chad was a very 'normal' baby. Nathan was SO good that we were spoiled as to what babies really act like. Chad cried a bit more than Nathan did and was always hungry (that has not changed). He didn't want to sleep thru the night....he insisted on night time snacks until he was around 6 months. We were thrilled when he finally slept thru the night!!!


He was a happy baby though....chubby and bright eyed. He was slow to walk and even slower to talk. Chad does everything on his own time table.


Chad has very little of my genetic make up in him....that kid is completely his father and his father's father! He's a delight to me because he's so outgoing, bold, cheeky and quite a rascal. Everything I was not as a child! Chad likes to get out of 'work'. He doesn't care for exerting much effort into anything that is not his idea. Going for walks is soooooo hard! Going to school is sooooo much work! Cleaning up lego makes him soooooo tired! He's rather dramatic.


He's really grown up this past year. He's gotten much taller and is slowly losing his baby 'chub'. Sigh.....it's quite tragic!
But we're proud of our little six year old. We love him to pieces and look forward to enjoying all the milestones he'll reach in the coming years.


Happy Birthday Chad!

14 comments:

Kori's House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kori's House said...

Happy 6th Birthday... when you wake up in the morning Chad!

P.S... Rachel I LOVE your short hair!

jenn said...

What a cutie! Happy 6th B-day Chad! I can't believe how fast time is flying!

Anonymous said...

Those are the most wonderful pictures, Rachel! And I like what you wrote about your baby. Hope he has a very happy birthday!!! Is he terribly excited?

Canadian Kristin said...

That is one cute kid!!! Happy birthday to you, Chad!!! Miranda will be excited to know it is your birthday day! She always asks, "And is my friend going to be there?" when we ask if she wants to go to Kyle's soccer!

HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY DAY, Mr. 6 years old!!!

villagegirl said...

He's SUCH a cutie! I could eat him up! Happy birthday Chad!

Anonymous said...

What a scrumptious little lad you have there! It almost makes me sorry that I didn't have any sons myself. Almost.

Have a wonderful birthday, Chad!

Jennie said...

Ahhh Sweet baby pics...I like your short hair too! Happy Birthday, Chad!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chad,
We are so proud of you and love you tons and tons. We hope you have a great Birthday. We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
Love Uncle Murray and Auntie Tracy

Anonymous said...

Chad is a real 'character' and seeing him grow up so fast is happy/sad all at once. He may have been a little slow at some things, but he beat Nathan when it came to learning to read, something which surprised us all. But one thing about Chad is that his wheels are always turning and he will surprise you when you least expect it. Happy Birthday with tons of love from Grandad.

Anonymous said...

What I like best about Chad is that he is a very forgiving little guy. I forgot to pick him up from school today of all days! He said "oh that's okay Nana". He was pretty calm and matter of fact about it.Some thing to remember me by. By the way does everyone know that Chad can already read?!!!!!!

Keri's Collage... said...

Happy Birthday Chad! I hope you have a wonderful birthday party and get lots of great presents!

Theresa said...

Little boys are so fun, they do seem to grow up too fast. Such adorable pictures. Have a fun birthday party!

Passionate Eater said...

Shoot Rachel, when I have a baby, I want to looks as beautiful as you did when you had Chad! Everyone in my family had bloated, red faces after having children! Also, I hope Chad has a wonderful birthday!