Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So Very Irritated!

And I have only myself to blame.
This morning in my usual morning haste, I had an accident of upsetting proportions!
I went to start the dishwasher and discovered I was out of soap. I knew I had a spare bottle so I went to open that. The top was sealed in and my hurry to open it up, the liquid soap sort of burst and splashed back onto me! On my kitchen rug, my top and my BRAND NEW work pants from the Gap! I paid a good chunk of change for these wonderfully fitting pants and have had them less than a month. I frantically rinsed and rinsed but the damage was done. Dishwasher soap is very caustic stuff. So I have an ugly spotted kitchen rug, a ruined top and ruined pants.
I have told myself in the scheme of things in the world this is not a big deal. It's not working!
I'll get over it.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel though. I put the pants on my Master Card which carries 'purchase protection'. I have called and intiated a claim and just maybe I'll get some new pants?!?! I just hope there are still some at the Gap in my size.
I had to vent...thanks for reading :)

7 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

Oh Rachel. I feel your pain. That is totally sucky and annoying and frustrating and sad. Especially about ruining the "perfect pants".....here's hoping the cc covers it for you!

Anonymous said...

Man, that bites. That kind of stuff is always happening to me, so I know exactly how you feel. I sure hope you can get some new pants.

villagegirl said...

Oh Rach! That's terrible. That sounds like something that would happen to me. I'm so sorry. Good fitting pants are hard to find and when you've paid good money to boot...I feel your pain. I do hope you get new pants. If they don't have your size in ours then tell them to phone every single other store. You never know what's out there.

Jennie said...

Ohhh that sucks! Venting is good though! Hope it all works out.

Kori's House said...

I look forward to hearing what mc has to say about it!
Hopefully a better experience than the fraud situation!
Maybe they will reddem themselves??

Rachel said...

Thanks for you sympathy. I washed and dried my pants and the damage isn't quite as bad as first thought. I will still try and replace them but if that doesn't happen they are sort of wearable with a longer top.

Anonymous said...

I sure feel for you. I did something similar. I had brand new jeans on and I was in my parents garage and I opened a cupboard door and the door hit a can of paint that was on the counter and the can hit the floor and the red oil based paint went up the whole front of me. Yep!! I have been there! I feel your pain. I hope you get new pants. How frustrating.