Saturday, April 14, 2007

Thanks Taxman!

The tax refund came in this month. We had planned on getting bikes this spring and a great bike sale was to be had at a local sport shop. I haven't had my own bike since highschool! I had always borrowed my dad's when we went biking as a family. Keith did all the comparison shopping and found us some great bikes today. I have front suspension now which didn't sound that thrilling at the store but after our bike ride today I know what the fuss is about. It's lovely! Keith wants to improve his fitness, so he plans to bike to work each day instead of drive. Now that will trim his waistline and help with the budget since the cost of gas is so crazy! Nathan will inherit Keith's old bike as he's getting much too big for his current one. We hope that Chad will learn to ride on two wheels this year. Keith is still pulling him in the trailer but at 52 lbs it's getting a bit much!

After our bike ride we completely ruined any health benefit by having decadent ice cream sundaes.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't beat a great bike. Gary bought me a new bike quite a number of years ago and I just love it. I also have a bike computer on it that tells you how fast you're riding, how far you've gone, etc.

Kori's House said...

Very nice!! So fun!!!

Hmm, now we need to decide what to do with ours... the list is very long: Bikes, built-in vac, landscaping or a trip :)

Keri's Collage... said...

Cool! Nice bikes! Not sure my $11.852 tax return would get me a new bike :) and I don't know if my posterior could handle riding a bike any more! heehee
Nice looking dessert! Is that pudding on the bottom??

Rachel said...

Ooooohhhh...I'm intrigued by the computer Sonya. I like to see results like that. Did it cost much?
Keri...I bought myself a gel seat that fits on top of the bike seat. It's squishy and definite bum-saver.
Oh and that's not pudding it's a banana :)

Anonymous said...

I can't remember how much the computer costed, but it couldn't have been too outrageous otherwise we wouldn't have bought it. I love it and find it to be worth every penny.

I'm intrigued by your gel seat. I've been debating getting one myself.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new bike. Good idea with the gel seat. You will have to show me it when I am over next.

Dayna Chu said...

The rip-off about a good tax refund is that all it means is we paid too much in the first place... it was our money to begin with! But it does create a sort of forced-savings-
account-rebate-bonus kind of situation, doesn't it? For us this year... baby stuff! :)

villagegirl said...

That's a great picture. I love the colouring in it. We plan on doing much more biking this year now that Owen's older. We'll have to go together sometime!
That gel seat sound very nice - I may have to invest in one of those!

The Lang 6 said...

Where can I get one of those refund things you all talk about...stupid taxes...I wanna new bike (said in the whiniest of all voices!!)
-Dan

Canadian Kristin said...

I'm with Dan..... where do I get that refund thingy from...oh, probably have to go to work first, right?! Hmmmmm, maybe Shawn just doesn't tell me I get one, cause my list would be longer than Kori's.... The gel seat makes the whole "new bike" thing all the better sounding to me! Happy trails!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the ice cream made you sick. Your faces are all a strange sickly yellow pallor. Did I spell that correctly? :)