Thursday, April 05, 2007

Food!

It's been a fast week! I am very much looking forward to this Easter weekend for several reasons. First of all, Keith and I are both off...yippee! Secondly, I can sleep in at least two of the days...bliss! And last but not least, I love Easter service on Sunday morning....it's one of the most joyful feelings to celebrate Jesus' resurrection!

I made this chef salad for supper tonight. It was fresh and tasty and very yummy. Definitely one of Keith's favorite meals.

And yes...I didn't learn my lesson last spring and attempted to make paska again. It turned out to be quite the gargantuan loaf but I can assure you it tasted delicious! Next time I will divide the dough into two loaf pans. I didn't know it would rise quite so high! Thanks to my auntie for the recipe. It's quite a snap because you make the dough in the breadmaker.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm... paska! My favourite!
Have a great weekend!!!

Kimberley said...

the question is Rachel...raisins or no raisins???! personally, i'm a fan of the latter. :o) Happy Easter!!!

Rachel said...

Hey Kim....there are no raisins in my paska but I would eat it either way :)

onedayatatime said...

What a great looking paska!!! Mmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is making me drool more...the salad or the Easter bread! Well done on both accounts.

Canadian Kristin said...

That looks great, Rachel!!! Happy Easter celebrating to you!

Heather said...

Yummy to both!

Anonymous said...

Did you forget? You made such a large loaf so you could bring half of it to our place on Sunday! Together with all the chocolate things. Right? You didn't forget again, did you?

Fiona said...

Raisins in paska???? I've never heard of such an thing ... and can't say it sounds appealing to me. I love the plain old thing with LOADS of icing!!! :) I'll miss it this year. :( Happy Easter.

katybruk said...

YUMMY PASKA :) I can hardly wait to eat my mom's in 3 days... And raisins... Why ruin such a good thing? :)

Kori's House said...

I could go for a bit of both right now!!

Colleen said...

Ahhhh paska. Delish! Looks awesome. :)

villagegirl said...

I can tell you I'm SO sad that my bread maker is broken. I would very much like to have paska. With the loads of icing. yum! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You just leave me in the dust with your Paska maker!!!!!!!!I
remember the wonderful paska recipe that Aunt Gaye used to serve but forgot to ask for it. I usually learn the hard way. So wanna bring some tonite for our treat?