Monday, July 02, 2007

The Knot Tightens

All day long I had this knot in the pit of my stomach...for a VERY good reason! This was the day we were dropping Nathan off at summer camp for an entire week! Breathe, breathe......
I know he must be having a very good time and he was so excited! Saturday night he got a crash course in: how to apply sunscreen, how to apply bug repellant, how to take care of your suitcase etc. I think this week should make him grow up really quickly and perhaps become more independent as well.

Here he is in front of his cabin. My how things have changed. When I went to this summer camp the cabins were disgustingly basic. Pretty much pressboard walls, a wood floor and bunks. Now they have bathrooms complete with showers, painted walls and lofts. He was very happy to find that he is in the cabin with all three of his buddies.
Here's Nate with his buddy Blake. They are probably wishing we would just LEAVE already!
A gleeful child, ready for a week of solid fun!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kori's House said...

I had a similar knot. The knot tightened on the way up when I realized Blake has never even seen camp before and he was a little nervous about what the cabins were like etc.

I am sure the fun has already started!

Fiona said...

I know I can't relate to you in any way about dropping off your child at camp, but I absolutely LOVED camp and I don't remember there ever being any big tragedies while I was there. :) I'll pray that you have peace while he's gone and that you don't worry too much.

Anonymous said...

Paige's class at school went to a camp for 3 days in June and I was in a terrible state for most of it. It didn't help that she called home in near tears the first night. Oy! In the end though she ended up having a great time and sadly admitted that she didn't really miss us.

poof said...

They will absolutely LOVE it! And of course they will come home with some awesome souvenirs...mosquito bites, scrapes, bruises, and best of all, some great stories and lots of good memories.

Theresa said...

My knot will be settling in the second week of August! This year we are even trying a camp on Vancouver Island, meaning saying good bye at the terminal! Oh dear! But, I know they will have a blast and it is such a great experience for them! Enjoy the special time with the rest of your fam!

sultana said...

Growing up means alot of letting go for everyone.Your mom made it so you will too.

QuiltNut Creations said...

we'll be doing that end of the month. he'll have a blast!

Colleen said...

Oh, I will be thinking of you this week. Two days down ... just a handful to go.