Monday, December 29, 2008

Adventures in Living

I am posting from the bedside of my sick baby Liam at Abbotsford General Hospital. There is so much to catch my readers up on! I will just let you know that there will be full details of the holidays and lots of pictures as soon as we are settled back home.
Liam should be discharged tomorrow! His x-ray today showed much improved lungs. If you hadn't heard by now, he came down with a very nasty virus in his airways and caught a bit of pneumonia.
But I will leave you with this....never listen to a clinic doctor when he tells you your baby has 'just a cold' when your gut tells you otherwise. Your gut is ALWAYS right!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Liam can go home!! God is GOOD!

Jenn said...

Oh good! I was just praying for him and about to email you to ask how your little pumpkin is doing... So glad you went with your gut!

villagegirl said...

Glad he'll be released tomorrow. You've been in our prayers and I'm so glad it's clearing up quickly!
Poor, poor wee little man.
Glad you've survived too. Sometimes it's as hard on Mommy as it is on the wee one.

villagegirl said...

P.S. That's one thing I've learned too. A mother's instinct is not something to be messed with. Glad you listened to it!

Lovella ♥ said...

Rachel, I agree with your advice so much. . mom's usually know correctly when their babies are real sick. . .poor little guy,
I put a prayer request on the MGCC girls prayer and share blog. .

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the always trust your gut instincts!

Glad to hear that Liam will be home soon.

Canadian Kristin said...

SO glad to hear that God has answered our many fervent prayers for your little one. Welcome home!

Julie said...

I'm sorry he couldn't come home today .. but tomorrow is good too ! xrays showing much improvement is wonderful news !!

and I agree... a MOTHER'S GUT is always right ! God programed her to know !! smile..

Chastity said...

Praying for him!!

Keri's Collage... said...

I bet he was the cutest patient on the ward!

poof said...

Yep, mommies always know best.